[mapserver-users] fastcgi/no-fastcgi

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jul 13 14:07:14 EDT 2008

On Jul 13, 2008, at 11:30 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> On 13-Jul-08, at 12:13 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> While reorganizing my OSX build setup, it occurred to me that I
>> might simplify the mapserv CGI build.  I've been compiling 2
>> separate mapserv binaries for with/without fastcgi.
>>
>> Question: if I build mapserv CGI with fastcgi support, can it still
>> run as a normal CGI if desired?
>>

> I don't think 2 mapserv binaries are necessary.  For MS4W it will be
> one mapserv binary, but Apache will be configured for 2 different
> script aliases for the cgi-bin directory (one with fastcgi settings
> and one without).  So to answer your question: yes a fastcgi-
> compiled mapserv can run as a normal cgi.

So, without the Apache configuration to load and configure the apache
fastcgi module, "mapserv-fcgi" would run as a normal CGI?  Makes sense
I guess.  Took me a while for this to occur to me ;)  Sure simplifies
compilation (once, not twice).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect