[mapserver-users] Data for Mapserver.

Matthew Pettis matthew.pettis at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 14:06:41 EDT 2008

The new files tell you more information above and beyond what you
already had in the .dbf, .shp, and .shx files.  For example, the .prj
file should contain information about the projection that the
coordinates are in... That can be used when you need to merge it's
information with maps from other projections.  As to .sbn, .sbx, I
can't tell you, but you should be able to google it or look up
shapefile specs.

Thanks,
Matt

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Νικος Παπαδάκης <nipapada at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hallo to everyone.
> I have some data of a city and i want to retrieve a map from them.
> I have done other examples with data that have the following file
> extentions...
> .dbf  .shp  .shx.
>
> But the new dataset i have found have the following file extentions...
> .dbf  .prj  .sbn  .sbx  .shp  .shx
>
> Does anybody know a way i can use these data?
> Thanks...

It is from the wellspring of our despair and the places that we are
broken that we come to repair the world.
-- Murray Waas