[mapserver-users] Add Content to the Legend

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Mon Jul 21 05:11:48 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I would like to add information about the Units of the selected
variable into the legend. When using vector data, this wasn't really
the problem. I kind of faked empty classes to insert that information.

But now, I wonder how to achieve this when using TIF images. As the
TIF is already color coded and regrouped into a couple of classes,
using faked CLASS values, results in the display of zero pixels -
nothing is being displayed.

Is there another way to "slip" in some information into the legend? Or
is the HTML legend the only alternative?

Thanks for any hints,

Stef