[mapserver-users] KML thematics from MS Layers

Christopher Condit condit at sdsc.edu
Tue Jun 3 18:04:25 EDT 2008

Hi Sarel-

I’m not sure why I didn’t see your GDAL-dev post…

I don’t know of any way to do this with MapServer, but you can come close with a combination of OGR and XSL. I wrote a post on this a while ago on the gdal wiki here: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/KML

So essentially you’d export to KML using ogr2ogr and then customize the styling based on your needs. You could even generate the XSL file dynamically if you needed to…

-Chris