[mapserver-users] wms and itasca demo

Chris H chris123 at magma.ca
Sun Jun 8 13:19:17 EDT 2008

Greets

mapserver nubie and trying the itasca demo which works fine via the web
interface.

From my reading of
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wms_server/#setup-a-mapfile-for-your-wms
the basic configuration (minus layers) is activated by default in the demo.

-------------------
 # Start of web interface definition (including WMS enabling metadata)
  #
  WEB
    HEADER templates/header.html
    TEMPLATE "set in index.html"
    FOOTER templates/footer.html
    MINSCALE 1000
    MAXSCALE 1550000
    IMAGEPATH "set in index.html"
    IMAGEURL "set in index.html"
    METADATA
      WMS_TITLE "UMN MapServer Itasca Demo"
      WMS_ABSTRACT "This is a UMN MapServer application for Itasca County
located in north central Minnesota."
      WMS_ACCESSCONSTRAINTS "none"

      # change this value to match your setup
      WMS_ONLINERESOURCE "http://localhost/workshop/itasca/index.html"

      WMS_SRS "EPSG:26915"
   END
 END

Yet despite which ever URL I call from qgis I get different errors, mostly 404
or the alternative:

Could not get WMS capabilities: tag mismatch at line 30 column 9
This is probably due to an incorrect WMS Server URL.
Tried URL: http://localhost/workshop/?SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

Any insight would be appreciated.

Best and many thanks

--