[mapserver-users] WMS Client setup not sending any requests

Guillaume Sueur guillaume.sueur at neogeo-online.net
Wed Jun 11 04:15:28 EDT 2008

Hi,

Tough question, as the problem can has many origins, or even multiple
origins...

Having seen your .map, I assume that the main parameters are correct.
Maybe one first pointto check is the scale : the getCapabilities says
for raster100 : <ScaleHint min="40000" max="160000"/>
and you set in your layer section scales from 500 to 20000.
I don't think your initial extent (3037978.75 6622010.94 3767454.98
7790000) falls into that. Can you try with a more adequate extent ?

Also, you are requesting a jpeg image from the wms server to render your
map in png. Try to ask for png as the server allows that.

Hint : to test a mapfile directly, you can use shp2img which will try to
draw the image as defined in the mapfile. use shp2img -o test.png to get
the resulting image into test.png file.

Hope that helps,

Guillaume