[MAPSERVER-USERS] ms_nonsquare

Pål Kristensen pal.kristensen at statkart.no
Thu Jun 12 07:56:42 EDT 2008

Hi!

First of all (just to clarify the need), why would you want to turn of the
nonsquare behaviour? Second, in my opinion this is a client issue, not a
server issue. If the client wants to request a image with nosquare  pixels,
feel free to do so. Third, this behaviour is mandatory in the WMS
specification, see chapter 7.2.3.8 of the 1.1.1 spesification.

The required WIDTH and HEIGHT parameters specify the size in integer pixels
of the
map image to be produced. WIDTH specifies the number of pixels to be used
between
the minimum and maximum X values (inclusive) in the BBOX parameter, while
HEIGHT specifies the number of pixels between the minimum and maximum Y
values.
The returned picture, regardless of its return format, shall have exactly
the specified
width and height in pixels. In the case where the aspect ratio of the BBOX
and the ratio
width/height are different, the WMS shall stretch the returned map so that
the resulting
pixels could themselves be rendered in the aspect ratio of the BBOX. In
other words, it
should be possible using this definition to request a map for a device whose
output pixels
are themselves non-square, or to stretch a map into an image area of a
different aspect
ratio.

Regards,
Pål Kristensen