[mapserver-users] Multiple geometry layer

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 10:20:43 EDT 2008

Mark,

Though a data source may contain multiple geometry types in a single
layer you can specify only a single type per layer in mapserver. The
various drivers are trying to convert the geometries to the specified
target type if possible, however the point to polygon conversions
might not be implemented and supported at the moment. Moreover there`s
a significant difference how the different type of the layers are
rendered and the related parameters are taken into account. For this
reason you should probably convert the geometries to a single type at
data source level if possible.

Best regards,

Tamas