[mapserver-users] PointM shapefile not displaying outside its extent

Pano Voudouris pvoudouris at gaiocorp.com
Wed Jun 18 03:17:17 EDT 2008

Anyone? Please?

From: mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Pano Voudouris
Sent: Παρασκευή, 13 Ιουνίου 2008 9:52 πμ
To: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapserver-users] PointM shapefile not displaying outside its
extent

Hi All,

I have a pointM shapefile that justs refuse to display as soon as I pan the
map (same scale) so part of the shapes go beyond the map extent. It will
only display if all points are within the view window. I dropped and
recreated the spatial index, used the shptree to create the *qix file but
all to no avail. I have stripped down the layer to the bare basics. The
entry in the mapfile is:

LAYER

        NAME "DEFS"

        STATUS DEFAULT

        TYPE POINT

            DATA defects2

        METADATA

            WMS_TITLE "defects"

        END #end metadata

        CLASS

            STYLE

              SYMBOL "point"

              SIZE 12

              COLOR 0 170 0

             #MAXSIZE 100

             #MINSIZE 50

            END

       END

  END

I only managed to display it after I converted it to simple points (not
PointM). Is this some sort of limitation in Mapserver? It can display
PolylineM w/out any problems.

Thanks in anticipation,

Pano