[mapserver-users] Legend / GetLegendgraphic with truetype symbols

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Fri Jun 20 06:22:13 EDT 2008

Hi Tamas,

thanks for your answer.

I don't have the mapfile at hand, but it breaks down to symbol for a
point defined as a truetype character, but the layer has sizeunits
meters defined. So, the only problem is (that's why i tend not to call
it a bug) that the legend symbol should not take the sizeunits meters
into account, because it actually does't make sense for the legend...
In the described case the legend would be perfect if it just could
take the symbol character and size appropriate for the legend key
size.

Cheers, Michael

2008/6/20 Tamas Szekeres <szekerest at gmail.com>:
> Michael,
>
> I`m not sure if it is related, but there`s a bug about how the legend
> image should be rendered for the annotations, but this hasn`t been
> implemented yet.
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/1523
> Do you have further expectations how the legend should look like in
> this case? How your mapfile looks like?
> I`m tending to take over this bug and implement something for 5.2 this week.
>
> Best regards,
> Tamas
>

> 2008/6/19 Michael Schulz <mschulz at webgis.de>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> just experimenting with the new 5.2 beta 2. It works very nice.
>> Especially problems when using truetype fonts with agg have vanished.
>> Great!
>>
>> One problem, that i observe also in the 5.0 versions and that i need
>> to solve: when using truetype characters as point symbols and setting
>> sizeunits to meters and adjusting the size values so that it looks
>> good on the map, the key images of the legend only show a tiny little
>> spot, where this symbol gets rendered. It seems to use a default (?)
>> size value (probably set for sizeunits pixel) to display the legend
>> symbol, but in meter sizeunits this doesn't make sense. Has anyone
>> already overcome this problem?
>>
>> Cheers, Michael
>>
>> --
>> Michael Schulz
>> mschulz at webgis.de
>>
>> in medias res
>> Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
>>
>> In den Weihermatten 66
>> 79108 Freiburg
>>
>> Tel +49 (0)761 556959-5
>> Fax +49 (0)761 556959-6