[mapserver-users] MapServer 5.2 Beta 2 Available

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Sat Jun 21 12:14:31 EDT 2008

Tony/all: This has been fixed in the main trunk. I had mucked up parameter order in calls
to a generalized image generation function. This effectively broke mode=BROWSE applications.
Testing of other functions in beta 2 would still be helpful! Beta3 will be out on Wed.

Appreciate the report!

Steve

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 23:00 -0500, Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi folks: MapServer 5.2 Beta 2 has just been released. The source package is available for download at:
>
>  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/download/beta
>
> The list of changes/fixes since 5.2-beta1 can be found at the end this message. This is a significant release so
> we need your help in testing. 5.2 should compatible with any 5.0 applications/mapfiles so it should be
> relatively easy for folks to test. Please let us know how it goes!
>
> The plan is now to have 3 beta releases, 1 release candidate with a final release the first week in July.
> More details can be found in the 5.2 release plan at:
>
>   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/release_plans/mapserver_5_2/release_plan/
>
> Steve

I've tried both 5.2.0-beta1 and 5.2.0-beta2 and have the same problem -
everything works fine except no map image is generated. Ref map and
scale bar images are generated fine - just the main map image never
appears. Same map file works fine with 5.0.3. Details of config / system
are as follow :

OS : Fedora 9
Arch : same result on I386 and X86_64
Config options : --with-ogr --with-gdal --with-agg --with-freetype
--with-proj
Method of use : cgi
Image format : png

Nothing unusual reported in mapserver log file, httpd logs or selinux
logs.

shp2img generates the map image from the map file without any problems.
Its also not a path reference problem - the map image never appears in
the tmp directory but both the ref map and scale bar images do.

Regards
Tony