[mapserver-users] Mapscript: does drawQuery() affects draw()

Marco Foi marco.foi at unimi.it
Mon Jun 23 11:28:07 EDT 2008

Hi all!

I'm  trying to display the result of a queryByPoint in a second map
different from the one clicked by the user, while keeping the main
map completely unaltered.... ..but it changes after the$map->$draw() !!!

Here is the code

After doing something like:
	$res = $layer->queryByPoint(...)
if do a typical:
	$image=$map->draw();
	$image_url=$image->saveWebImage();
than a
	$image_from_query=$map->drawQuery();
	$image_from_query_url=$image_from_query->saveWebImage();

the query picture has the right result in it
while the main map image $image_url has changed its bounding box from
the previous extent (before the click of the user that triggered the
queryByPoint action) to the one shown by the $image_from_query_url
(the only difference is that there is no HILITE)

I don't want the main image to change; just accept a click.

How can I do that?

Thanks.

Marco Foi