[MAPSERVER-USERS] 5.2 b2 - WMS GetMap bug

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Tue Jun 24 08:47:10 EDT 2008

FYI there is an open ticket against this http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2569

..Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of Pål Kristensen
Sent: Tue 24-Jun-08 08:45
To: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [MAPSERVER-USERS] 5.2 b2 - WMS GetMap bug

Hi!

I have done some testing on the WMS server support, and there is a bug
regarding GetMap requests. MapServer throes a error message if the request
lacks the service=wms parameter. This is not right because regarding to the
WMS specification, service isn't a mandatory parameter to the GetMap
request. I know that this issue has been discussed before, and I thought the
bug was fixed a while ago.

Regards,
Pål kristensen