[mapserver-users] Expression encoding must be in the same encoding than the data

"SAEZ Laurent - CETE Méditerr./DI/ETER" Laurent.Saez at developpement-durable.gouv.fr
Wed Jun 25 05:30:52 EDT 2008

Hi list,

Encoding in expression is not very simple...
I have :

    * mapserver 4.99,
    * a mapfile utf-8 encoded,
    * a mapinfo file create on windows (encoding cp1252),
    * one class using a field which contain this value : "Départementale".

If I write in the mapfile the following expression :
CLASS
NAME "Départementale"
EXPRESSION "Départementale"

This class is not in the raster returned by the WMS/GetMap request.
To obtain this class I have to encode the string expression in the same
encoding than the data (mapinfo tab) :

CLASS
NAME "Départementale"
EXPRESSION "D?partementale"

So it's strange to encode a string in cp1252 (or iso-8859-1) in a file
encoding in utf-8.

Is there a way to tell mapserver that my layer is cp1252 encoded ?

Thanks for help