[mapserver-users] Expression encoding must be in the same encoding than the data

Akio Takubo takubo at saruga-tondara.net
Wed Jun 25 12:21:03 EDT 2008

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to tell to mapserver what encoding mapfile uses or
what encoding each layer's datasource uses.
So simple way is convert your mapfile's encoding to datasource's one(CP1252).

If you use mapscript, you have a chance to know each layer's datasource encoding
or mapfile's own encoding with setting "METADATA" tag and covert expression string internally.
Recent version of p.mapper framework do it.

Thanks,

  Akio Takubo takubo at saruga-tondara.net