[mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo XML result is not encoded at all

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Jun 27 13:55:12 EDT 2008

What you observed is correct: the wms_encoding metadata is only used to
fill the encoding parameter of the <?xml ...> element in the GML
response header. The current version of MapServer doesn't make any
attempt of converting the encoding of the source data (if different) to
that encoding.

The simple solution is to use the same encoding for both the mapfile and
all your data, and then wms_encoding can be used to set the encoding
name in the header and everything should work smoothly.

Daniel

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/