[mapserver-users] Basic Projection Help

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Sat Jun 28 02:12:34 EDT 2008

Hi Matthew,

If you loaded it from shapefiles using shp2pgsql, then use the -s flag to set the srid to the correct value.

If you \d your table, I think you'll find a constraint on it setting the srid, as well as the geometrycolumns entry.

The simplest way to get things working with mapserver may well be to leave it as -1 in the database (& geometrycolumns entry) & in your mapserver mapfile data statement, specify the sql returns setsrid(geom,26915) instead of geom, so postgis returns the values with the appropriate SRID set, irrespective of what the database actually stores.

That will get things working until you load the data with the correct srid.

HTH,

  Brent Wood