[mapserver-users] WMS getFields ?

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Tue Mar 11 13:40:17 EDT 2008

For an SLD-enabled WMS (which is what MapServer supports), you can issue
a DescribeLayer request against the layer, i.e.:

http://example.org/wms?service=WMS&version=1.1.1&request=DescribeLayer&l
ayers=foo

..and then use the output to bind a WFS DescribeFeatureType requests
against the Query/@typeName

Or, you can use mapscript WxS support to support a "GetFieled"
operation, which would just be a tunnel to a WFS DescribeFeatureType
request.

..Tom