[mapserver-users] MapScript logging

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Mar 13 13:38:48 EDT 2008

Rob wrote:
> Hi again
>
> Yet another stupid question which hopefully has a very simple yes/no answer.
>
> I've compiled mapscript with the -DENABLE_STDERR_DEBUG option, and have
> modified my mapfile to have a MAP level option of
>
> DEBUG ON
>
> and a WEB level option of
>
> LOG "\tmp\mapserver.log"
>
> but I am seeing no output created at all.  Does the logging work when
> using the MapScript API, or is it just a MapServer facility?

Which version of MapServer?

If you are using version 5.0, then the way logging/debug output works
has changed. More details are available in RFC-28:
   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-28

In your case you'll need to add to your mapfile:

   CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "\tmp\mapserver.log"

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/