[mapserver-users] GPX file viewer with mapserver

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 13 20:47:47 EDT 2008

Alexander Napoleon wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to make a .gpx file viewer with PHP/Mapscript and OGR extension, but
> I got errors. Can you give me advices? Do ORG extension of PHP support .gpx
> file? Is my map file correct? Thank you very much!
>
> Here is the errors:
> -------------------------------------
> *Warning*: [MapServer Error]: msDrawMap(): Failed to draw layer named
> '12-MAR-08'. in *F:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\vd\gpx\gpx.php* on line *9*
>
> *Warning*: [MapServer Error]: msOGRFileOpen(): Open failed for OGR
> connection `test.gpx'. File not found or unsupported format. in *
> F:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\vd\gpx\gpx.php* on line *9*
>
> *Fatal error*: Call to a member function saveWebImage() on a non-object in *
> F:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\vd\gpx\gpx.php* on line *10

Alexander,

I believe GPX support was introduced into OGR in the 1.5.0 release, and
it is only enabled for reading in builds that include the Expat XML parser.
I would suggest you try it at the commandline with ogrinfo:

   ogrinfo -al test.gpx

I'd add the error report does not seem to indicate any path, so there
may be a path problem.  You might want to try with a full path from
the root, and see if that works.

Best regards,