[mapserver-users] Rotate labels based on angle defined in attribute field

Andreas Albarello andreas.albarello at territoriumonline.com
Tue Mar 18 14:45:12 EDT 2008

On 18 Mar 2008, at 16:36, Steven De Vriendt wrote:

> Gregor,
>
> I'm trying to define the field which I want to use
> For now I have this:
>
> LABEL
> 	SIZE TINY
>        POSITION UC
>        ANGLE toptan
> 	BUFFER 2
> 	MINDISTANCE 150
> 	COLOR 0 0 0
>    END
>
> yet, when I try to render the map, mapserver refuses to draw the
> layer. Actually I'm using chameleon with MS4W- Mapserver version 5.0.2
> Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

ANGLE [toptan] with the square brackets should work. The field name
might need to be in uppercase, though, if you are using shapefiles.

Best regards,
Andreas Albarello
Analysis & SW Development

Territorium Online srl/GmbH
Via Buozzi/Buozzistraße 12 - I 39100 Bolzano/Bozen
email: andreas.albarello at territoriumonline.com
web:   www.territoriumonline.com