[mapserver-users] Setting expression through URL with MS 5

Doyon, Jean-Francois jdoyon at NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Mar 19 13:40:10 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate a MapServer 4 app to MapServer 5, which means dealing with the changes in URL syntax for the on-the-fly mapfile changes.

One thing I did was set an expression from the URL.  Now I can't seem to get it to work :(

A URL fragment like this:

&map.layer[layername].class[0]=EXPRESSION%20something

Gives me:

loadClass(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near (EXPRESSION):(line 1)

The layername definitely exists, and the class is already declared (with a "fake" expression as a place holder).

I've tried removing the placeholder expression and also tried using:

&map.layer[0]=DATA shapefile CLASS EXPRESSION something END

(properly url encoded, as you can see I also set the DATA on the fly)

And then I get a parsing error on CLASS!

Help, what am I missing?

Thanks,

Jean-François Doyon
Applications Development Solutions | Solutions de développement d'applications
IT Support Services | Services de support TI
Information Technology Services | Services de la technologie d'information
Shared Services Office | Bureau des services partagés
Corporate Management and Services Sector | Secteur de la gestion et des services intégrés
Natural Resources Canada | Ressources naturelles Canada
Ottawa, Canada K1A 0E9
jdoyon at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 613-992-4902
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-995-3252
Teletypewriter | Téléimprimeur 613-996-4397