[mapserver-users] Re: Hiding overviews

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 25 14:18:14 EDT 2008

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLK wrote:

> [...] Well, in the meantime I patched the MapServer code a
> little bit and made it being an Apache module, reading and parsing the
> map file only once on startup. This is much faster than the good old CGI
> and seems to work fine...

Andreas,

What was involved in setting up an Apache module? There was talk about
doing that as an experiment a few weeks ago on the mapserver-dev list.
If you are interested in sharing what you've done then I'm sure that
would generate some interest. Perhaps you could file a ticket and attach
a patch and some notes?

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette