[mapserver-users] Problem creating WMS

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Wed Mar 26 04:09:13 EDT 2008

svGIS will return text/html only when the WMS server returns a message
or error. The GetCapabilities is parsed correctly, but when the GetMap
is triggered, it occasionally returns text/html on error.

The best thing to do is copy the request string from svGIS to your WMS
server to a browser. If it is correct, you will see an image. If it is
wrong, The browser will tell you it wants to download a file called
"mapserv" or "mapserv.exe"
download and save it as "error.xml" then read the contents of the file
and you will probably see an error message on why your WMS request fails.

Also note that in svGIS you must have a STYLES= element in your request
and no Boundingbox or SRS should be there, they are added by svGIS
automatically.

Is your server public? I can help you test it.