[mapserver-users] upload/stream data from GPS unit?

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at OpenOSX.com
Thu Mar 27 15:07:13 EDT 2008

On Mar 27, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Fawcett, David wrote:
> My guess is that you will need some sort of device to log the data
> from the GPS and then transmit it across a wireless network (pager,
> SMS, cell phone).  At your base station, you would have capture the
> messages, parse them, and then probably stuff the data into a
> database (PostGIS?).
>
> Your MapServer map file could then point to the spatial data layer
> in PostGIS.  Every hit to MapServer would show the latest data.

Bill,

I would just like to mention that if help with automating this is
needed, I could easily develop a solution for Mac OS X.

GIS automation on the Mac is my specialty. ;)

Cheers,

Jeshua Lacock, Owner
<http://OpenOSX.com>
phone: 877.240.1364