[mapserver-users] Resampling and image quality?

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Fri Mar 28 00:30:10 EDT 2008

I'll be on the plane all day tomorrow, on my way to DC for the
PostgreSQL East conference. If I don't reply, it's not personal. :)

P Kishor wrote:
> yikes! The ms2 version is fugly.

M hm. This is the first time we've ever compared the PNG with the
Mapserver output side by side, especially in a situation where the
raster has text in it, so I'm also surprised!

> This sounds really silly, but have you tried with exactly the same
> image in both instances? That is, not the sliced version for
> MapServer, but exactly the same one you have for Google Maps?

The one I'm given for use in Mapserver, is the same PNG except left
whole and with a world file added. The "plain PNG" version is sliced for
use in a GTileoverlay, but is otherwise the same.

Or did I misunderstand the question?

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth, BS, A+
System Administrator

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA