[mapserver-users] clip and zip server

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Mon Mar 31 16:34:50 EDT 2008

You might want to look at http://deli.dnr.state.mn.us/data_search.html

-----Original Message-----
From: mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of jim white
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 3:13 PM
To: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapserver-users] clip and zip server

We have implemented  a mapserver site that allows users to create an
area of interest. Next, we want to let the user select some layers and
then clip the layers to the AOI, zip them, put the zip file on an ftp
server, and send an e-mail when they are ready. This should be done on a
second server from the main mapserver server.

Would appreciate any suggestions from anyone who has done something
similar or who has any ideas how this is best done. Original mapserver
site is in PHP and prefer that or Python for the second server.

Thanks,

Jim

--
James (Jim) B. White