[mapserver-users] finding php_mapserver.so

Kyle Wilcox Kyle.Wilcox at noaa.gov
Thu May 1 10:40:23 EDT 2008

If you installed Mapserver from source with the  ---with-php=DIR option
and everything went ok, the php_mapscript.so file will be located in the
mapscript/php3/ directory.  Copy this file to your PHP extensions
directory.   You can find the extensions directory by doing a ]$ php -i
| grep extension_dir.

You may want to rename php_mapscript.so to something like
php_mapscript_MAPSERVERVERSION.so.

There a setting in the pmapper config files called msVersion.  You must
set this to MAPSERVERSION if you change the name of the file.

--

  Kyle Wilcox
  NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office
  Kyle.Wilcox at noaa.gov