[mapserver-users] Arrow vector OR label at end of line

Ian iansgis at gmail.com
Mon May 5 20:09:59 EDT 2008

I've seen some discussion of this but have yet to find a solution. I am
dynamically drawing ~1000 arrows as lines via inline features. I need to
place an arrowhead at the end of each line, following the angle the line is
drawn at.

Using a custom "arrow" truetype symbol and a negative GAP value I can draw
arrowheads along the lines, but they vary according to scale and are along
the line itself instead of at the end of it. I could probably do a point
layer as arrowhead labels/symbols at angles which I would have to calculate
and pass along in addition to the vector layer, but that would turn an
already huge amount of inline features into a ginormous amount of inline
features.

Is there no way to mark one of a line's ends as the "end" and use it in
label/symbol positioning? What about specifying an x,y value pair for a
label/symbol position?

Thanks.