[mapserver-users] IE 7

Johan Ruiter jruiter at scheemda.nl
Tue May 6 05:48:31 EDT 2008

Hi list,

A lot of years I maintain and develop mapserver based giswebviewers for
a number of customers. One of the possibilities for the users is to make
a print of a map that they have created on the screen. Most of the users
use still Microsoft Internet Explorer 6. More and more users migrate to
IE7 and find out that this version automatically scale their landscape
maps to fit on a portrait paper position. When they change the paper
position back to landscape including the 'fitting' option, IE7 doesn't
scale the map back to its original size. The only way to do this is to
cancel the print-window, right-click on the map-window, choose 'Print
Preview' and use the buttons of this window to print the map the right
way. Most users don't understand this strange procedure and I don't like
it either. To solve this problem, I tried to find a (JavaScript)
function to use for users using IE7 that opens the 'Print Preview'
window, so that the users will be able to handle all modifications to
their map. Does anybody know such a function or another solution to this
problem?

Regards,

Johan