[mapserver-users] Re: How TO change color of a layer using mapscript(without editing mapfile)

Sucharita Samuel iworktech.sucharita at gmail.com
Thu May 8 08:38:17 EDT 2008

 Hi Yatendra,

layer.close(); , here layer is the base layer. The code that I have provided
is used to colour features in the layer (You can change the entire layer
color also). The layer has many features, which can be retrieved using
shapeObj shape = layer.getFeature(shapeInd, -1);
"shapeInd" is the index of the shape.

This is the shape that i use to add into the temporary layer created
oTempLayer.addFeature(shape);
So, once I add the shape that I want to color to the temporary layer, I
close the base layer using layer.close();

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Sucharita