[mapserver-users] How do I make a shapefile polygon thicker within UMN Mapserver

Dean Gadoury deangadoury at gmail.com
Thu May 8 13:23:30 EDT 2008

I don't think you can change the thickness of  a polygon's outline. You may
have to draw the layer twice, once as TYPE POLYGON, then again ad TYPE LINE.
MapServer actually allows you to draw polygon features as lines. With line
layers you can change the thickness of features.

Your second layer could be done like this:

LAYER
  NAME stlouisxdrive
  GROUP "gv:stlouisxdrive"
  PROJECTION