[MAPSERVER-USERS] Layer always turn on (not possible to activate/deactivate)

Ritesh Ambastha group.ritesh at gmail.com
Sat May 10 08:03:36 EDT 2008

I would suggest to check the kamap config.php file.

>From mapserver side, it should work
<snip>
STATUS [on|off|default]

    Sets the current status of the layer. Often modified by MapServer
itself. Default turns the layer on permanently.

    Some notes regarding the STATUS values:

        * In CGI mode, layers with STATUS DEFAULT cannot be turned off using
normal mechanisms. It is recommended to set layers to STATUS DEFAULT while
debugging a problem, but set them back to ON/OFF in normal use.
        * For WMS, layers in the server mapfile with STATUS DEFAULT are
always sent to the client.

</snip>

Regards,
Ambastha