[mapserver-users] Images utilizing rotation parameters in world file

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Sat May 10 12:16:07 EDT 2008

About six months ago, I posted a question about whether MapServer would
properly rotate images that depend on the rotation parameters in their
world files.  I never got a really definitive answer.

I can confirm that MapServer will render these images properly.  If
every tile needs to be rotated, the render seems relatively expensive
(which is understandable).  If I was going to use images like this for a
production app, I would definitely preprocess them.

The latest version of QGIS can also now utilize the rotation parameters
to correctly render the images.

David.