[mapserver-users] ECW with Debian 4

Guillaume Sueur guillaume.sueur at neogeo-online.net
Fri May 16 04:10:07 EDT 2008

Holà Gregorio,

you have to download the ECW driver from erMapper web site :
http://www.ermapper.com/download_files/ImageCompressionSDKSourceCode3.3Setup_20070509.zip
Note that this plugin is not free so read carefully the licence terms.

then :
unzip ImageCompressionSDKSourceCode3.3Setup_20070509.zip
cd libecwj2-3.3
./configure
make
make install

and then ./configure gdal with -–with-ecw=yes

It works fine with Debian Etch.

Good luck

Guillaume