[mapserver-users] Trouble compiling 5.0.2 with AGG on Centos 4

Dominik Schmid dominik.schmid at ilu.ch
Fri May 16 10:35:17 EDT 2008

Thanks Guillaume and Yves.

I figured out now what caused the configure to trip in this case because
it tripped over a few more options: I hadn't installed a bunch of
*-devel packages on the test server (they were all installed on our live
server and that's why I didn't have issues there the last time I tried).
This is solved now and I started the make. This, again, threw an error
which I strongly suspect could be because our version of GD is not
up-to-date. These are the last few output lines of make:

include     -I/usr/include    -I/usr/include/libxml2   -c -o mapagg.o
mapagg.cpp
mapagg.cpp: In function `agg::rendering_buffer gdImg2AGGRB_BGRA(gdImage*)':
mapagg.cpp:201: error: `gdImageGetTrueColorPixel' was not declared in
this scope
mapagg.cpp:201: warning: unused variable 'gdImageGetTrueColorPixel'
make: *** [mapagg.o] Error 1

I'll see if I can get GD properly updated to >=2.0.32 and report back
here when that's accomplished.

Thanks for your help
Dominik

--