[MAPSERVER-USERS] GD 2.0.35 installed but not found

TallDave notice at davidbianco.net
Fri May 16 13:24:11 EDT 2008

alim,

Unfortunately, I dont have root access to the machine, so someone else has
to do the lib installs.    GD 2.0.35 was already on the machine, so we left
it at that.   When I list the gd libs it shows fontconfig as already
available.

unix:/home> gdlib-config --libs
-ljpeg -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lpng12 -lz -lm -liconv

Here is an error grep of my mapserver config.log:

unix:mapserver-5.0.2> grep -i erro config.log
conftest.c:2: error: parse error before "me"
conftest.cc:13: error: `exit' undeclared (first use this function)
conftest.cc:13: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
xmlCtxtGetLastError                 /opt/local/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
xmlCtxtGetLastError                 /opt/local/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
configure:5807: error: Could not find gd.h or libgd.a/libgd.so in
/opt/local.  Make sure GD 2.0.16 or higher is compiled before calling
configure. You may also get this error if you didn't specify the appropriate
location for one of GD's dependencies (freetype, libpng, libjpeg or
libiconv).

and more specifically:

-----------------------------------
configure:5706: checking whether GD needs libiconv...
configure:5708: checking for gdFontCacheSetup in -lgd
configure:5738: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -fPIC   conftest.c -lgd -ljpeg
-lfreetype -lpng -lz -L/lib -lXpm -lX11 -L/opt/local/lib -L -liconv  -lm
-lstdc++  >&5
xmlSAX2GetLineNumber                /opt/local/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
xmlCtxtGetLastError                 /opt/local/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:5744: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;
| #endif
| #define YYTEXT_POINTER 1
| #define STDC_HEADERS 1
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| /* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C"
| #endif
| /* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
|    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
| char gdFontCacheSetup ();
| int
| main ()
| {
| gdFontCacheSetup ();
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:5769: result: no
configure:5807: error: Could not find gd.h or libgd.a/libgd.so in
/opt/local.  Make sure GD 2.0.16 or higher is compiled before calling
configure. You may also get this error if you didn't specify the appropriate
location for one of GD's dependencies (freetype, libpng, libjpeg or
libiconv).

I'm guessing I need to recompile libfontconfig?

Cheers,
Dave