[mapserver-users] can mapserver stitch together maps?

Wendell Turner wendell at enflight.com
Fri May 16 17:29:02 EDT 2008

I'm new to mapserver and am wondering if/how it does this:

I'm using gdal utilities to split up a GeoTIFF to make tiles
of a map, and OpenLayers to display it.  That works fine for
one map.  I have many maps, and the left edge of one is the
right edge of the next; also the bottom edge of one is the
top edge of another, etc.

Q: does mapserver handle this?  Is that what the .xml file
defines?  Is there an example/recipe showing this?

Thanks,

Wendell