[MAPSERVER-USERS] Routing Algorithm Confusion !

Geo Aspects Development dev at geoaspects.com
Sat May 17 13:53:30 EDT 2008

Ritesh,

FWIW a long time ago I wrote a route finding algorithm for a
commercial desktop mapping product (Personal Navigator I think it was
called)
At the time I decided on the A* algorithm - which seemed to work quite
well on the UK road data 1:50000

I believe this is one of the algorithms available in the PgRouting
package, although I haven't tested this implementation myself

regards
Tim