[mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo request against an OGR virtual data source

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Mon May 19 19:15:58 EDT 2008

Dear List

I have set up Mapserver map file configured as a WMS service. One of my layers is a OGR point data source drawing its coodinates from x,y fields in a SQL-Server database via ODBC. The x,y coordinates are in NZ Map Grid projection (EPSG:27200) but all my other layers are NZ Transverse Mercator (EPSG:2193).

My top level SRS is defined as EPSG:2193 (NZTM).

The particular OGR data source is therefore being projected to EPSG:2193, which it seems to be doing properly.

The layers in the map are displaying correctly, using a number of different clients - OpenLayers, uDig, ArcMap.

Now, my problem is that sending the following GetFeatureInfo request from OpenLayers: (also tested manually via a Browser URL):

http://10.65.192.1/cgi-bin/gsswms.exe?service=WMS&version=1.1.1&request=GetFeatureInfo&LAYERS=apiaries_dev&QUERY_layers=apiaries_dev&FORMAT=image/png&INFO_FORMAT=gml&SRS=EPSG:2193&BBOX=1478229.486251,5375153.051004,1482462.817299,5379386.382051&WIDTH=512&HEIGHT=512&X=341&Y=19&STYLES=

returns the first record in the database table, regardless of the BBOX and location parameters, which are all in terms of EPSG:2193 (NZTM).

Can MapServer back project the GetFeatureInfo request from EPSG:2193 into valid NZMG (EPSG:27200) coordinates in order to request the correct feature details via OGR?

Any help appreciated,

Robert Sanson

Robert Sanson, BVSc, MACVSc, PhD
Geospatial Services
AsureQuality Limited
PO Box 585, Palmerston North
NEW ZEALAND

Phone: +64 6 351-7990
Fax: +64 6 351-7919
Mobile: 021 448-472
E-mail: sansonr at asurequality.com

The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in future, please notify the sender of this message.