[mapserver-users] 'errno: 2' on projection

Wendell Turner wendell at enflight.com
Mon May 19 19:37:31 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 03:32:16PM -0700, Wendell Turner wrote:
> I'm trying to use the 'projection' tag in a map file, but it
> is not working, and would like help.
>
> I'm using Fedora 7, and there is a mapserver 4.10 in a yum
> repository, which pulls in proj as a dependency.  However,
> when using the 'projection' tag, it gets
>   msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no system list, errno: 2
> (which seems to mean 'file not found')

As it turns out, other projections work.

I'm just trying to get the v4 tutorial working, which is
where the problem occurs.  Any example that contains
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
    END

gets the error msg.  However, the file
/usr/local/share/proj/epsg contains an entry for 4326.

Q: why doe the example in the tutorial not work?
Q: how can it be fixed?

Thanks,

Wendell