[mapserver-users] Using personal geodatabases (.mdb)

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Tue May 20 16:26:37 EDT 2008

Sarah,

I am not aware of any quantitative numbers, but I would guess that
shapefiles will perform better than a personal geodatabase.  Since I am
guessing that you will not be putting your 'official' copy of your
database on your Web server, you will be moving periodic snapshots of
your data from behind your firewall onto your Web server.

I would suggest writing a simple python script that grabs the feature
classes from your personal geodatabase and dumps them to shapefiles.

David.