[mapserver-users] PHP: Segmentation fault when draw() or saveWebImage()

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon May 26 08:27:29 EDT 2008

You may get this kind of problem if you have multiple copies/versions of
the GD library involved in your build. The most common source of problem
is a PHP compiled with its own bundled GD, which conflicts with the
php_mapscript module's use of the system copy of GD. Building PHP using
the system GD instead of its bundled copy of GD should solve the issue.

Daniel

Pavel Dobeš wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I run mapserver on my gentoo server now with php-5.2.6_rc4.
>
> After upgrade the apache is falling down with message:
>
> [Sat May 24 21:13:02 2008] [notice] child pid 2476 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
>
> With mapserver 5.0.0-r1 the last line is
>
> $url = $image->saveWebImage();
>
> When I upgrade to 5.0.2 the last lins was
> $image=$map->draw();
>
> $image is from $image=$map->prepareImage(); in both cases...
>
> Any hint, whitch mix of versions (PHP & mapserver) is OK or how to
> pretend this segfault?
>
> Tahnks
> Pavel
> PS: this simple script works