[mapserver-users] Map seems like it is shifted to the north by a few meters

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Wed May 28 00:02:46 EDT 2008

Hi Ben

This looks like WGS84. You should haev the following in your Map file, top level and/or layer level:

PROJECTION
   "init=epsg:4326"
END

regards,

Robert Sanson

>>> Ben Kuek <ben.kuek at abridge.com.au> 28/05/2008 3:44:09 p.m. >>>

Hi,

My understanding of map projections is a bit rusty so I hope anyone can
point out where I am wrong.

I have a vector map source in shapefiles where it's .prj file has only
the following definition

GEOGCS["Geographic Coordinate System",DATUM["WGS84",SPHEROID["GRS
1980",6378137,298.2572220960423]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433]]

When the map loaded, I can confirm that the map is wrong by it's
shifting to the north by a few hundred meters.

I can use :
  OFFSET 0 70
in the STYLE object but it doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

I am not very sure if the issue lies with projection or the map source
and if there's a specific projection setting I must use.

Regards,

Ben

The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in future, please notify the sender of this message.