[mapserver-users] queryByAttributes on PostGIS-Layer

schroeter at netgis.de schroeter at netgis.de
Wed May 28 06:48:26 EDT 2008

Hallo list,

My test-system: Mapserver 5.02 on WinXP and postgreSQL 8.2
I try to make some querys via php-mapscript for a postgis-layer:
queryByPoint,queryByShape and queryByRect is no problem.
queryByAttributes always return "no result" (field 'nr_' is an integer)
If I use a shapefile for the same data (biogasanlagen.shp) queryByAttributes
works fine.

mapfile:
LAYER
  NAME "biogasanlagen"
  TYPE point
  STATUS on
  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  CONNECTION "user=postgres password=xyz dbname=mydb host=localhost
port=5432"
  DATA "the_geom from biogasanlagen using unique gid"
  #DATA biogasanlagen.shp
  TEMPLATE void
    CLASS
     Name "biogasanlagen"
     OUTLINECOLOR 128 70 0
        COLOR 230 70 0
        SYMBOL 'circle'
  SIZE 12
     END  # CLASS
  TRANSPARENCY 88
  TOLERANCE 8
END

php-Code:

$layer = $map->getLayerByName("biogasanlagen");
@$myQuery = $layer->queryByAttributes('nr_','7', MS_SINGLE);

any idea?

Thanks Sven