[mapserver-users] Mapserver 5 Joining

Wim Blanken w.blanken at geon.nl
Thu May 29 11:42:31 EDT 2008

Hello List,

I am busy migrating my application to mapserver 5.

It's quite a task and I am running into some problems.

I am working on fedora with the latest mapserver release from svn.

My JOIN function (one to many) is not working. In the JOINED template the
variables are not replaced with the values.

Has the JOIN functionality changed with mapserver 5?

Here is my layer:

LAYER  #Puntenthemalaag

    NAME Fotos

    GROUP group30

    METADATA

      gix_layername        "Foto's"

    END

    DATA 'media/lokaties.shp'

    HEADER                 "../templates/media.htm"

    FOOTER                 "../templates/media2.htm"

    STATUS ON

    TOLERANCE 10

    TEMPLATE '../q_nfotografie.html'

    TYPE POINT

    CLASS

     NAME fotos

     STYLE

     SYMBOL fototoestel

     SIZE 15

     END

    END #CLASS

    JOIN

      NAME fotos

      TABLE "media/fotos.dbf"

      FROM LOKATIE

      TO LOK_ID

      TYPE one-to-many

      TEMPLATE '../q_fotografie2.html'

    END

  END  # LAYER

And here is my template

<option
value="/geoviewer/watlas/fotos/middel/foto[fotos_FOTO].jpg;<center>[fotos_OM
SCHRIJVI] <br> ([fotos_AUTEUR] - [fotos_DATE])<center>"> [fotos_OMSCHRIJVI]
([fotos_AUTEUR])

Best Regards,

Wim Blanken

The Netherlands