[mapserver-users] queryByAttributes on PostGIS-Layer

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu May 29 11:52:23 EDT 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> That makes some sense... but since the queryByAttribute code is based
> on key/value combos, it could present a uniform API, even if it
> implemented it different under the covers for shape/postgis. That
> would actually reduce the functionality compared to right now, though,
> since right now you can put any SQL filter you want into the API for
> PostGIS.

You'd lose with shapefiles as well since you can pass logical and regex
expressions for shapefiles and they should work.

The API gives the impression that it's a key, value combo, but I think
it's a doc issue, it's really a filteritem/filter combo unless I'm mistaken.

I'd like to hear Steve's opinion on this one.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/