[mapserver-users] Matching .TFW file with EXTENT parameter?

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Mon Nov 3 14:35:22 EST 2008

Hi Kresh
Tiff World File (.tfw)
6 rows:
First row is x-pixel resolution (width in your coordinate system)
Second and third rows are so-called "rotational components" but are set to zero in the case of an unrotated mapsheet.
The fourth row is the y-pixel resolution (dimension in coordiantes). The negative sign indicates that the image y-axis is positive down which is the opposite from real world coordinates.
The 5th and 6th rows are the Easting and Northing of the middle of the upper left pixel
Robert

>>> "kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com" <kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com> 3/11/2008 8:19 p.m. >>>
I have a map file with following MapExtent parameter:
  EXTENT 106.335006 -6.896956 107.315811 -5.983994

Recently, I got a TIFF file without coordinates. I plan to use the TIFF file with my map. Thus, I'm supposed to create a .TFW file using text editor, am I correct?

Problem is: I'm not sure what parameter to be put in the .TFW file. Here is the parameters I put in my TFW file so far:
      1.000
      0.000
      0.000
     -1.000
    106.335006
     -5.983994

And I failed to show the raster on my map.

Please note that I am merely guessing. It seems that the fifth and the sixth like of the TFW should be the leftmost and rightmost number of my EXTENT parameter, respectively, but I have no idea what the first four lines are for.

Based on EXTENT parameter above, what the correct .TFW values should be? Many thanks,

-Kresh

The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in future, please notify the sender of this message.