[mapserver-users] MS 5.2.0 and QUERYMAP Hilite

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 03:10:26 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> wrote:
> Hello Umberto,
>
> "Umberto Nicoletti" <umberto.nicoletti at gmail.com>, [20081104 - 08:46:24]
>
>> I was hit by the same bug:
>>
>> when you specify hilite you MUST have a style section for each of your
>> classes. The fix is therefore to add a style section to ALL of your
>> classes.
>
> You mean each of my classes of layers which are being queryable?

exactly.

>> Failure to comply will cause the new agg code (I think the gd renderer
>> is immune, but it needs to be checked) to dereference a null pointer.
>> The problem also exists with cgi mapserver and is not only related to
>> mapscript.
>
> Ah, I am using the gd-rendering though.

then I must correct my statement: also the gd driver is affected. The
bug was introduced when we (mostly I, for those who like finger
pointing ;-) ) rewrote the layers, classes, styles arrays to be arrays
of pointers.

I'll file an issue on bugzilla later today.

> Ugh, thank your for your hint. I was not aware of that. Did I overlook
> this issue in the migration-guide?

Nope, I think we (the developers) were not aware of this problem until
now so it was probably not documented there.

Umberto