[mapserver-users] mapmygis.c

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Nov 4 15:24:10 EST 2008

Do you use the MyGIS feature of Mapserver?

  --with-mygis[=ARG]      Include MyGIS Support (ARG=yes/path to mysql_config)

If you do, please speak up, because I am making a motion to the
developers list that we remove this very old, obscure feature. This is
not about MySQL Spatial support, which exists, and will continue to
exist, via the OGR driver. It's about the old MyGIS feature, which
predates MySQL Spatial, and stores geometry in MySQL blobs.

Paul